Why green tea?
So, so many reasons for one to drink this voluptuous morning dew...
- Green tea's catechins function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents
- These antioxidants also help cell repair
- Its skin-protective qualities keep my skin youthful
- It's known to inhibit cognitive impairment
- Sipping green tea prevents and eases coughs and colds
- Green tea has higher polyphenol content than black tea
- Green tea contains the highest levels of L-theanine, which reduces anxiety and improves brain function.
But tbh I learned about all these bedazzled benefits of sipping green tea only AFTER I fell in love with green.
There's only 1 — scratch that, 2 true reasons that I drink green tea:
- I love the taste of green tea in my mouth.
- I cherish the energizing yet pacifying role it plays in my life.
Let's face it, some days I simply need a good reason to wake up in the morning.
Is this a testament to how much I love tea? Or to how dull my life is and has become during pandemic quarantine days. There are literally nights that I fall asleep looking forward to nothing more than choosing which kind of green tea I’m about to brew for myself when I wake up in the morning. Some days this is the happiest thought I’ve thought all day.
Am I alone here, or does anyone else fall asleep thinking of tomorrow morning’s first cup of fresh green?
Please drop me a note. I'd love to hear why green is your favorite color of tea too!